- Name Surname : Nuriye Sancar
- Date of Birth : 23.12.1989
- Title : Assistant Prof. Dr.
- University : Near East University
|B.Sc||Department of Applied Mathematics and Computer Science||Eastern Mediterranean University||2010
|Pedagogical Formation||Master of Science in Secondary Education Teaching Fields||Near East University||2011|
|M. Sc.||Department of Mathematics||Near East University||2012|
|Ph.D.||Department of Mathematics||Near East University||2018|
- Master Thesis and TopicsAdvisor(s):
- 1. Sancar, N. (2012). Bessel Differential Equation and Applications of Bessel Functions. Unpublished Master Thesis, Near East University, Faculty of Arts and Sciences, Department of Mathematics, Nicosia, Cyprus (Supervisor: Doç.Dr.Evren Hınçal).
- 2. Sancar, N. (2018). Identification of Influential Observations based on Particle Swarm Optimization in Cox PH Model. PhD Thesis, Near East University, Faculty of Arts and Sciences, Department of Mathematics, Nicosia, Cyprus (Supervisor: Doç.Dr. Deniz Inan).
PUBLICATIONS IN INTERNATIONAL REFEREED JOURNALS (IN COVERAGE OF SSCI/SCI-EXPANDED, AHCI):
- Sancar, N., Inan, D. (2018). A novel method as a diagnostic tool for the detection of influential observations in the Cox proportional hazards model. Quantity and Quality, 1-14.
- Tınazlı, M., Becer, E., Sancar, N., Özgöl, Y., Cerit, L. (2017). Prevalence of metabolic syndrome in routine check-up program in Cyprus. The West Indian Medical journal. ( DOI: 7727/wimj.2017.111 )
PUBLICATIONS IN INTERNATIONAL REFEREED JOURNALS (IN COVERAGE OF ESCI):
- Sancar, N., Andrieu, M. N., Hıncal, E., Granit, D. (2017). Cancer Incidence 2010-2014 Among the North Cyprus Population of Adults Aged 15 and Over. Turkısh Journal Of Oncology, 32(2).
PUBLICATIONS IN INTERNATIONAL REFEREED JOURNALS (IN COVERAGE OF British Education Index, ERIC, Science Direct, Scopus, IEEE):
- Hıncal, E., and Sancar, N. (2017). Statistical modelling and forecasting of female breast cancer cases in Northern Cyprus. Far East Journal of Mathematical Sciences 101(8):1761-1770.
PUBLISHER PRESENTED IN INTERNATIONAL ACADEMIC MEETING AND PUBLISHED PROCEEDINGS BOOKS:
IN COVERAGE OF WOS:
- Tabrizi, S. S., and Sancar, N. (2017). Prediction of Body Mass Index: A comparative study of multiple linear regression, ANN and ANFIS models. Procedia Computer Science, 120, 394-401.( 9th International Conference on Theory and Application of Soft Computing, Computing with Words and Perception (ICSCCW-2017)
- Ibrahim, S. S., Celebi, A., Ozdeser, H.,and Sancar, N. (2017). Modelling the impact of energy consumption and environmental sanity in Turkey: A STIRPAT framework. Procedia Computer Science, 120, 229-236. (9th International Conference on Theory and Application of Soft Computing, Computing with Words and Perception (ICSCCW-2017)
- Sancar, N., and Tabrizi, S. S. (2017). Body Mass Index Estimation by Using an Adaptive Neuro Fuzzy Inference System. Procedia Computer Science, 108, 2501-2506. (The International Conference on Computational Science, ICCS 2017 – Zürich, Switzerland.)
- Sancar, N. and Tinazli, M. (2016). Development of an Intelligent model to Estimate the probability of having metabolic syndrome. Procedia Computer Science 102, 106-112. (12th International Conference on Application of Fuzzy Systems and Soft Computing, ICAFS 2016, 29-30 August 2016, Vienna, Austria)
- 2016-2018 – Statistician for the project “Pandemic of the Age: Lack of vitamin D deficiency in the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus and investigation of possible causes”.
- 2016-2018 – Statistician for the project “Health Tourism in North Cyprus”
- Top student in Department of Applied Mathematics and Computer Science, EMU, 2010
- Young Scientist Award, NEU, 2016
- Young Scientist Award, NEU, 2017
- Graduate and Undergraduate Courses Given in the Past Two Years.
|Academic Year||Term||Course Code||Hours/Weekly||Number of Students|